School of Medicine
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr offers medical
education at an international level.
Our School of Medicine offers:
- An excellent medical education using
the latest pedagogic methodologies in this field of
- All courses focus on medical education in specialized
English to meet international standards.
- Research-based and evidence-based medicine oriented
- Clinically oriented teaching and training from the
first phase of education.
The MBBS programme of the School of Medicine is a 6-year programme that
consists of two phases, each comprises of six semesters.
- Phase 1 (3 years):
Pre-Clinical Sciences (Human Structure, Function and Development;
Foundations of Sciences in Disease, including pathology, pharmacology,
microbiology). Most subjects are being taught in blocks of body systems.
Early clinical exposure.
- Phase 2 (3 years): Clinical
Sciences (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology;
medical subspecialties; minor surgical specialties; behavioral medicine).
- General High School Average 90% and above.
Note: Equalized transcript
is required for students who have graduated from international institutions.
- Minimum High School Score of 80% in Biology,
Chemistry, and Physics.
- Advanced English Language Capabilities. Versant score 55 (Conditional Offer); PTE score of 54 IELTS 6.0, or ibt-TOEFL 82 prior to
- School Entrance test - UCAT (Click Here for more Information).
a. UCAT Exam Dates- 1-25 September 2021.
b. Clearance is requested from UKH Registry. No clearance, no exam. Contact Registry at [email protected]
C. UCAT Clearance will be given starting 26th August 2021.
Offer may be given to applicants who submit the required minimum score from
Versant English Placement Test - Pearson.
***Notice: For AY 2021-22 applications, please email [email protected] or visit UKH's Registry Office.
$15,000 per academic year